Monday, August 29, 2011

Jumping ahead of the game

I have an issue. Before I finish one project I'm off thinking about the next. So I'm not moving forward on the office at all and yet I'm thinking about Halloween.

I asked Liv the other day what she wanted to be for Halloween. In all honesty, I didn't think she knew what Halloween was or understood the concept of picking a costume. She told me very clearly Go Go Go Gabba Gabba Gabba. Normally I try to convince them away from the overly commercial characters but I'm almost inclined to cater to her this time. Of course even Oct 31st here can be hot so I try to find a costume that she won't melt in during the day but I can add layers to for the evening. A Foofa tutu costume is cute and comfortable if not exactly Foofaish but the image on her chest could help in identifying her.


Or I could sew her a little fabric sandwich board like last years ladybug costume and add an flower in her hair or a hat.


I'm not sure anyone will actually know who she is suppose to be. Maybe some shoes will help?



I of course have a couple of ideas of my own. Olivia the pig would be cute and super simple if I just modified a red dress and buy some striped tights. This might be better if I could get her to wear pig ears and a nose. Not sure that will happen but by the time I can be confident she'll wear accessories on she may no longer let me decide what to dress her as.



This PBK owl cape is adorable but probably too hot.


I could make a modified thinner version and she might actually get some use out of it this fall.


Add in a cute embellished t-shirt?



Tinkerbell would be sweet with her little blond bob. Not a great evening tricker treating costume.



And I'm fairly sure I can convince Kian to be Spiderman. Maybe he needs a Wonder Woman side kick.





Favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment